Re: [Linux-cluster] Re: Preventing automatic poweron?

Troels Arvin wrote:
On Sat, 22 Apr 2006 09:42:17 -0400, Greg Forte wrote:
[...]
You either need to bring node 1 back up in "non-cluster mode" (stop cman/rgmanager/etc) or take further steps to prevent node 2 from being powered on.

This reminds me: How about using runlevel 4 as a "network-connected, but
outside-cluster" runlevel? (I don't recall seeing any specification of
what runlevel 4 should be used for.)

Sure, makes sense to me. none of the runlevels are set in stone, it's just a matter of convention. I think RHEL+RHCS makes both 3 and 5 cluster-enabled (sans and with X services, respectively), so there's no reason why 2 and 4 couldn't be the same minus cluster services (2 is supposed to be "Multiuser, without NFS" according to the comments in /etc/inittab, but again, that's just convention; and 4 is "unused"). Runlevels 7-9 are also valid, according to the init man page, though I've never actually tried them.

-g