[Linux-cluster] Re: CS4 Update 2 / GUI problem ?

Alain Moulle Alain.Moulle at bull.net
Mon Apr 24 11:38:16 UTC 2006

Alain Moulle wrote:
> Thanks Jim, it was effectively the problem : the second step
> about managing the fence for each node was missing (but there
> is nothing in documentation about this step and dialog boxes ...)
>
> Another problem/question:
> when you have finished the 3 nodes cluster configuration,
> and Save the file in /etc/cluster/cluster.conf on local node,
> the Icon "Send to Cluster" is not available because the
> cs4 is not active at the moment. But with three nodes,
> even if you try to start the cs4 on this local node (where
> I've done the configuration) , it can't start alone because
> the cluster is not quorate ... and you can't start cman
> on other nodes, it seems that the start is failed because
> of no cluster.conf currently on the node.
>
> So, do we have to do manually the mkdir /etc/cluster on
> both other nodes, and scp of cluster.conf towards both nodes ?
> Or is there another tip via GUI to start the cs4 on three
> nodes despite two nodes have not yet any cluster.conf available ?
>
> Thanks
> Alain Moullé

More information :

in fact, when I started cman on nodes without cluster/cluster.conf,
they effectuvely (as expected) got a cluster.conf from another node
connected, but they take the cluster.conf from another HA pair cluster,
not from the third node of this current cluster !!!!
So that's why the start fails ...
Which is the algorythm of search when a node has no cluster.conf available ?

Thanks
Alain Moullé