Re: [Linux-cluster] mysql and redhat cluster suite?

You can only acheive this using Mysql Cluster, if you are talking about multiple mysql daemons using a shared data store, then I don't think you can acheive this using traditional mysql storage engines,

Also I am just curious to know why do u need this kind of a setup ?? don't get confused with the Redhat Cluster suite's shared storage which uses GFS, and the locking is taken care of by the GFS, where multiple servers can read/write to a shared storage without worrying about conflicts/locking etc.

Mysql Cluster suite is very analogous  to Redhat Cluster suite in the sense/intention that multiple nodes/daemons/instances can write simultaneously to a shared data store, with the difference that Mysql cluster suite is based on a shared nothing architecture, which has many SQLD nodes (aka servers in redhat) with data on multiple NDBD nodes (aka shared storage in redhat)

Hope this helps

Kishore Jalleda
http://kjalleda.googlepages.com/projects