Re: [Linux-cluster] fencing agent

Rajesh singh wrote:
Hi all,
We are in process of procurring a fencing device and we have been suggested by our hardware vendor to use fencing device as mentioned in below URL.
http://www.supermicro.com/products/accessories/addon/AOC-IPMI20-E.cfm
My setup is that I am using 2 node AMD servers on rhel4 u2 in clustered mode.
I am not using gfs, but i am putting fencing device.
My querry is that, can I use the *AOC-IPMI20-E card as an fencing device.

regards

According to the above URL, this card supports IPMI 2, which means that it should work with the fence_ipmilan fencing module in RHCS 4.

Riaan
begin:vcard
fn:Riaan van Niekerk
n:van Niekerk;Riaan
org:Obsidian Systems;Obsidian Red Hat Consulting
email;internet:riaan obsidian co za
title:Systems Architect
tel;work:+27 11 792 6500
tel;fax:+27 11 792 6522