[Linux-cluster] what causes "magma send einval to ..."?

I had a cluster node chugging along seemingly fine last night, then the following two lines appear in /var/log/messages:

Aug  3 22:20:07 hostname kernel: al to 1
Aug  3 22:20:07 hostname kernel: Magma send einval to 1

And about 20 seconds later the other node fenced this one.

I'm guessing that that fragmented message means that there's some sort of kernel flakiness going on, or that the box got overloaded (no way to tell, unfortunately - any recommendations on monitoring tools to track and log load level?), but that's just a guess.

-g

Greg Forte
gforte udel edu
IT - User Services