Re: [Linux-cluster] DRBD in Active-active mode

Lon Hohberger wrote:
On Mon, 2006-08-07 at 09:50 +0200, Neo Hill wrote:
Hi everybody,
I am still looking on information or documents regarding DRBD in
active-active mode.
Does anyone could help me ? Thanks a lot.

Fairly certain this is not possible, unless something has changed
recently.  That is, you cannot use DRBD as a distributed concurrently
writable mirror; only one node can be the master of a DRBD device at a
time.

You can do this with GNBD + Cluster Mirroring, though.

-- Lon

According to the DRBD FAQ:

http://www.linux-ha.org/DRBD/FAQ#head-ec4ab5a57e15232e9ac4e12775de5a1b328aeff5

Why does DRBD not allow concurrent access from all nodes? I'd like to use it with GFS/OCFS2...

Actually, DRBD v8 (which is still in pre-release state at the time of this writing) supports this. You need to net { allow-two-primaries; } ...

I have not tried this myself though, but would like to hear the experiences of anyone who has tried this.

Riaan
begin:vcard
fn:Riaan van Niekerk
n:van Niekerk;Riaan
org:Obsidian Systems;Obsidian Red Hat Consulting
email;internet:riaan obsidian co za
title:Systems Architect
tel;work:+27 11 792 6500
tel;fax:+27 11 792 6522