[Linux-cluster] Two-node cluster fencing each other

Lon Hohberger lhh at redhat.com
Thu Aug 10 20:33:40 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-08-10 at 20:59 +0800, Rico Tsang wrote:
> Hi
>
> This is my first trial on using Red Hat Cluster Suite and GFS on RHEL4.  I'm trying to setup a two-node cluster.  I've configured the Dell DRAC as the fencing device for both nodes.  When I disconnect the network interface of one of the node, both nodes will try to fence each other.
>
> How can I prevent this?

Don't do that.

:)

They're *supposed* to try to fence each other in this case.  However,
the one with the disconnected network jack will lose - because it should
not be able to talk to DRAC.

> Suppose, I would like to check whether the router can be pinged before I fence the peer node.  Is it a possible configuration in using Red Hat Cluster Suite?

You can use qdisk to add any sort of heuristic you want for a node to
determine liveliness fitness.  See the qdisk man page out of the RHEL4
branch.

-- Lon