[Linux-cluster] RH GFS 6.0 and fencing configuration

Adel Ben Zarrouk adel at opennet.ae
Mon Aug 14 17:30:34 UTC 2006

Dear All,

I am trying to solve a problem regarding one of the fencing method which
supposed to work without any problem (ILO)

I installed two gfs nodes with RH AS3 U7 and GFS 6.0 latest update, but the
problem I don't have a sufficient hardware, like the power switches (WTI) or
additional lock server, I installed, 2  HP DL380, attached on it SAN fibre
channel storage (QLogic), with  ONE normal pc lock server, it seems working
fine, but i didn't get how can i configure the fencing device since I have
only ILO,

I tried to make one of the scenario if one of the server goes done, what will
happen, and below the result:

in the beginning of the startup of the all server, everything works perfect,
looks for the lock server, and the lock server looks for fencing device and
the method must be used, after certain time out, it fail

Somebody have any idea how can I solve his problem without additional hardware

Regards

 --Adel
--
Adel Ben Zarrouk