[Linux-cluster] GFS for Linux kernel 2.6.16

Hallo,

I would like to get GFS for the Linux kernel 2.6.16. As stated on the
Cluster Project Page, both the released tarballs and the code from the
CVS repository compile against the recent kernel only. Besides this
information, I already tried to compile the code from CVS STABLE, but
it failed using the Linux kernel 2.6.16.

The FAQ says, that the code should run on the 2.6.xx series kernel. Is
it limited to a special Red Hat kernel?

Does the Cluster Project Page provide GFS downloads for other kernel
versions than the recent one? If so, where can I find it?

Any hint is welcome,
Thomas