RE: [Linux-cluster] Low cost storage for clusters

Title: RE: [Linux-cluster] Low cost storage for clusters

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED

unfortunately I can't respond privately as it's going off topic, but some of the differentiating factors are chipset choice, per port buffer size, separate buffers for for in/out, speed of switching engine/fabric, and pipelining. I can't presume to say what switch does what. I let guys like NetworkWorld try to figure that out.

> Well said. But I'm still suspicious. You can get a no-name 24-port
> web-managed gigabit ethernet switch from Dell for UKP236 at

Dell stuff is generally just "ok" in my book. Unless you can finger who and what product their OEM'ing I tend to prefer something from a recognized network company. That said, I haven't been bit too hard by Compaq stuff.