[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]

Re: [Linux-cluster] GFS for Linux kernel 2.6.16 and Xen 3.0.2_2


On Friday 18 August 2006 18:20, Robert Hatch wrote:
> Hi, I am running the current testing version of Debian and I have been
> trying to compile the cluster source into my custom kernel.  I have
> successfully built and booted from a kernel with latest Xen
> 3.0.2-2 stable support but I have failed to successfully compile the cluster
> suite.  I have been using ./configure --kernel_src=/PATH and then make
> install as advised but the build process always fails and I have tried this
> using both the current stable CVS and 1.02.00 tarball (which progresses
> further).  I have read that others have had very similar problems
> http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-users/2006-07/msg00620.html but
> later report they solve the problems by installing certain packages
> http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-users/2006-07/msg00730.html.
> This has not worked for me although the errors they report are identical. I
> was wondering if anyone knew a solution to this problem or possibly a list
> of dependent packages and versions that are required to compile Redhat
> cluster suite.  The only thing I can currently think of is that my
> ncurses5-dev package is somehow incompatible with the build.

I also had the problem with the same configuration (Linux kernel 2.6.16,
Xen 3.0.2-2, cluster-1.02.00 tarball). Here is how I solved it:

1) Install the required packages.

2) Apply the patch that is listed at
   This will solve the problem 'error: dereferencing pointer to
   incomplete type' (as stated in

3) Some further error occured, stating that some header files could not
   be found. You can fix it on your own when you just change the
   '#include' statement (I cannot tell you exactly now where to fix it,
   because I cannot access that computer, see the error message from the
   compiler). I remember that a 'magma.h' and another file were included in
   the wrong way (the given path was wrong). After I changed the '#include'
   statement in the source it compiled fine.

As far as I remember that was all what was needed to let me compile the

Hope this helps,

[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]