[Linux-cluster] Testing a fence program

Patton, Matthew F, CTR, OSD-PA&E Matthew.Patton.ctr at osd.mil
Tue Aug 22 21:23:02 UTC 2006

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED

> it's allowing root to login via ssh that the problem.  That is strictly
prohibited.

Have them go reread the man page on specifying commands and associating them
with keys.

> We cannot su  to xm destroy after we login as a non root user for obvious
reasons.

oh? I don't know anything about running Xen. But I fail to grasp the
rationale behind denying both SU or logins as root. It sounds like the
"security" people can't tell the difference between real security management
and somebody's naive policy assertion. It's rather telling that they think
some home-grown application is a more secure/acceptable solution.