[Linux-cluster] DLM locks with 1 node on 2 node cluster

David Teigland teigland at redhat.com
Mon Aug 28 19:03:50 UTC 2006

On Mon, Aug 28, 2006 at 02:58:32PM -0400, Zelikov_Mikhail at emc.com wrote:
> I am using manual fencing with gnbd fencing.

Is there a special reason you're using both gnbd and manual fencing?  I've
never seen that done before and can't think of a reason you'd want to.
(I'd just use gnbd, not manual.)  That said, I suspect what you have
configured should still work.

> Here is the tail on /var/proc/messages:
>
> Aug 28 14:17:06 bof227 fenced[2497]: bof226 not a cluster member after 0 sec
> post_fail_delay Aug 28 14:17:06 bof227 kernel: CMAN: removing node bof226
> from the cluster : Missed too many heartbeats Aug 28 14:17:06 bof227
> fenced[2497]: fencing node "bof226"
> Aug 28 14:17:06 bof227 fence_manual: Node bof226 needs to be reset before
> recovery can procede.  Waiting for bof226 to rejoin the cluster or for
> manual acknowledgement that it has been reset (i.e. fence_ack_manual -n
> bof226)

Follow what the message says and run "fence_ack_manual -n bof226" on the
remaining node after verifying the failed node has been reset or otherwise
fenced.

Dave