Re: [Linux-cluster] Apache configuration on cluster servers

Hi,

Fadia Al-Marei wrote:

I my two cluster servers work with installing packages suitable for the installation, I try to add the http service to cluster I face a lot of problems although I work as in the document, I want some explanation that help me in the installation

I believe that you are referring to my email "Resource agents for Apache & MySQL" (08/22/2006).

1- Should the cman , ccsd and rgmanager services be started when I add the services and resources or it does not matter?

I think they should be started because you have to run "ccs_tool update"and "cman_tool version" after modifying /etc/cluster/cluster.conf

2-the virtual IP that I will put as the resource should be added to the httpd.conf file, should I configure a virtual network interface for the existing one ( creat bond0:1 for bond0 card) ? or how should the apache start?

<service autostart="1" domain="" name="test22">
  <ip address="192.168.79.8" monitor_link="0"/>
  <ip address="192.168.79.9" monitor_link="0"/>
  <apache name="web" />
</service>

note:
<apache name="web" /> is equal to <apache name="web" serverRoot="/etc/httpd" serverConfigFile="conf/httpd.conf" />

httpd.conf is used as base for generation of the new httpd.conf which are specific for each <apache ...>. IP addresses are taken from the service definition (in this case 192.168.79.8-9). So you don't have to change it manually.

m,