RE: [Linux-cluster] is necesary to to build GFS on top of LVM ?

Title: RE: [Linux-cluster] is necesary to to build GFS on top of LVM ?

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED

> there is any advantage of using LVM in this scenario?

assuming your LUN is dedicated to a single partition, no probably not.  LVM comes in handy when growing partitions/disks. Often we can't just extend the end of the partition because it will run up against a neighboring one. So in order to have disjoint growth, we need to use LVM and Physical Volumes and grow that way.