[Linux-cluster] Clustering MySQL DB

Tom Mornini tmornini at engineyard.com
Fri Dec 1 17:19:18 UTC 2006

I did some research and testing of this configuration.

1) During research, I found messages from the NDB cluster group at
MySQL saying that performance on GFS would be poor, no doubt in
relation to NDB clustering.

2) During testing, I found to my horror that this solution *does not
work* for InnoDB tables, only for MyISAM table types. This makes this
configuration completely useless to me. After I found that, I
confirmed it by more refined Google searching.

3) I ended up going with master/slave replication and wishing there
were a way to use GFS and master/master.

--
-- Tom Mornini, CTO
-- Engine Yard, Ruby on Rails Hosting