[Linux-cluster] GFS on 3-node cluster corrupted after full network outage

David Brieck Jr. dbrieck at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 19:29:36 UTC 2006

http://sources.redhat.com/cluster/faq.html#fence_what

>From the FAQ:

#  Can't I just use my own watchdog or manual fencing?

No. Fencing is absolutely required in all production environments.
That's right. We do not support people using only watchdog timers
anymore.

Manual fencing is absolutely not supported in any production
environment, ever, under any circumstances.