Re: [Linux-cluster] RH5 and clustering

On Dec 7, 2006, at 2:02 PM, Tarun Reddy wrote:

Simple question, possibly complicated answer:

Will RH5's cluster change dramatically from RH4s? (see RH3 to RH4 cluster changes for example of drastic :-)

If you are using the initscripts, the optional "nodeid" parameter becomes mandatory. (The nodeid is a unique integer for each cluster node.) That is, your cluster.conf file would change as follows:
<clusternode name="node1" votes="1">
becomes:
<clusternode name="node1" votes="1" nodeid="1">

I use this optional argument in my RHEL4 setups already.

If you are not using the init scripts, then there are some additional daemons that you need to start. See, http://sources.redhat.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/cluster/doc/usage.txt? rev=1.35&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup&cvsroot=cluster

 brassow