Re: [Linux-cluster] Sparse files in GFS

Krikler, Samuel wrote:

Hi,

Do you know if there is any tool that can efficiently pad files (pre-allocate their space) in GFS files to prevent the files from being sparse?

I’d like to efficiently create nice continuous files of hundreds of GBs (both logically and physically) before I start using them in my application.

Thanks,

Samuel.

Sorry, not at this moment. It has been on the to-do list. One question though - these spaces do not need to be zero-padded, right ?

-- Wendy