Re: [Linux-cluster] GFS + CORAID Performance Problem

Not that I know of.  I usually go out of my way to name them explicitly (i.e. GNBD, AoE, NBD).

On Dec 12, 2006, at 8:56 AM, Wendy Cheng wrote:

Jayson Vantuyl wrote:

Yes, this is another big area that needs to get looked into. Network block device is so new (at least on Linux) that it requires some fine-tuning. If folks have working experiences and willing to share, we would be very happy to learn from them.

Just to be clear, the Coraid uses ATA-over-Ethernet.  AoE is a block device that utilizes the network, but it is distinct from the Network Block Device (NBD).

This is clear - somehow I always use "network block device" to describe the device that provides block device service via network (e.g. GFS's GNBD)? Is there a general (and agreed-on) term to describe this type of devices in Linux ?

-- Wendy