Re: [Linux-cluster] Bottleneck hunting... (GFS Performance)

HAWKER, Dan wrote:

Additional questions, but linked...

Is there anywhere some more detailed documentation for gfs_tool, more
specifically the tuning parameters???

The man page simply says you can get a list, but there are many more
parameters than explanations of them in the man pages/docs (as far as I can
tell anyway).

These tunables are normally for GFS internal development purpose and they come and go easily. If you take Red Hat GLS performance tuning class (https://www.redhat.com/training/), I think they have a section to describe that.

There was an early draft document that Dave Teigland helped me to write up in my people's page. You can take a look (http://people.redhat.com/wcheng/Patches/GFS/gfs_tune.txt) but I don't think it is very useful unless you know enough GFS internals.

-- Wendy