Re: [Linux-cluster] iLO device as fencing device

Coman Iliut wrote:
We are using it, too with good results. We had to write our own fencing method. The one supplied is too slow. ILO allows you to send a RESET command that is faster.

Also, we wanted a more efficient use of the secure socket (the default fence_ilo lets the socket time out, then reconnects, etc) and we wanted to detect the case when node 1 cannot access the ILO of node 2 because node 2 is not there anymore (powered off, for example) or because node 1 lost network access.
How are you differentiating between node 2 being powered off vs the network cord used for iLO on node 2 being unplugged?

Thanks,
Eric Kerin
eric bootseg com