[Linux-cluster] Add extra node to a 2-node cluster

HAWKER, Dan dan.hawker at astrium.eads.net
Tue Dec 19 13:40:35 UTC 2006

> > I am not running any cluster software per-se, I am only
> using CS to be
> > able to gain the shared clusterFS (GFS).
>
> GFS is cluster software. "per-se" or not ;-)

Point taken :) was just hoping that this procedure was just for application
clusters.

> > Is this still the case (need to halt cluster services) or can I
> > accomplish this somehow???
>
> It is still the case that you need to remove the two_node
> flag and restart the whole cluster.

Grrr. Ah well, if that's how it is...

Presume by restarting the whole cluster, you mean unmount all filesystems
and restart the cluster.

Could I just remove one (quiet) node from the cluster (presently not doing a
great deal) and then update the file/restart the cluster services on the
single busy/live one??? Its more the umount of the fs that's the problem (is
in continual use)...

Guess I'll be planning a quick up and down of the cluster in the next day or
so.

Thanks

Dan

This email (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information or information otherwise protected from disclosure.
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately, do not copy this message or any attachments and do not use it for any purpose or disclose its content to any person, but delete this message and any attachments from your system.
Astrium disclaims any and all liability if this email transmission was virus corrupted, altered or falsified.