[Linux-cluster] Problem with more than one partition

isplist at logicore.net isplist at logicore.net
Tue Dec 19 14:44:53 UTC 2006

If this is the same problem I was having, it was a simple fix. Here is a paste
on a reply to my own question.

isplist at logicore.net wrote:
> # mount -t gfs /dev/rimfire/rimfire /gfs/rimfire/
> mount: File exists
>
> Why is it that I can only mount one at a time? I need at least two per node,
> non contiguous, separate.
>
> Mike

Hi Mike,

I'm guessing that maybe you gave them the same locking table on
gfs_mkfs, and they're supposed
to be different.  When you did mkfs, did you use the same -t
cluster:fsname for more than one?
You can find this out by doing:

gfs_tool sb /dev/rimfire/rimfire table
gfs_tool sb /dev/storec/web table
gfs_tool sb /dev/storeb/qm table

And see if the same value appears. You can change it after the mkfs has
already been
done with this command:

gfs_tool sb /dev/<device> table cluster:new_name

Regards,

Bob Peterson
Red Hat Cluster Suite