[Linux-cluster] error 94?

Robert Peterson rpeterso at redhat.com
Wed Dec 20 16:30:23 UTC 2006

Spencer Marshall wrote:
> I have created the logical volume on an already created volume group,
> mkfs using
>
> mkfs.gfs2 -j 8 -t vmware_cluster:lv_sharedroot -p  lock_dlm
> /dev/vg/lv_sharedroot
>
> I am trying to mount a gfs2 partition, and get
> /sbin/mount.gfs2: error 94 mounting /dev/vg/lv_sharedroot on /mnt/cluster
>
> What have I done wrong please?
Hi Spencer,

Error 94 is "Socket type not supported" so offhand I'd check your
communications
between the nodes.  Do you have an unusual communications configuration?
I'd start by doing the command "group_tool dump gfs" and see if you have any
"socket error" messages in the log.  I'm assuming you have communications
in the cluster mostly working, clvmd started, etc., when you try to mount?

Regards,

Bob Peterson
Red Hat Cluster Suite