Re: [Linux-cluster] error 94?

Spencer Marshall wrote:
I have created the logical volume on an already created volume group, mkfs using

mkfs.gfs2 -j 8 -t vmware_cluster:lv_sharedroot -p lock_dlm /dev/vg/lv_sharedroot

I am trying to mount a gfs2 partition, and get
/sbin/mount.gfs2: error 94 mounting /dev/vg/lv_sharedroot on /mnt/cluster

What have I done wrong please?
Hi Spencer,

Error 94 is "Socket type not supported" so offhand I'd check your communications
between the nodes.  Do you have an unusual communications configuration?
I'd start by doing the command "group_tool dump gfs" and see if you have any
"socket error" messages in the log.  I'm assuming you have communications
in the cluster mostly working, clvmd started, etc., when you try to mount?

Regards,

Bob Peterson
Red Hat Cluster Suite