[Linux-cluster] GFS volume already mounted or /mnt busy?

I had a curios thing happen last night. I have a two-node GFS cluster configuration that currently has only one node.  After shutting down and restarting the one node, the I couldn't mount my GFS volume because it was no longer visible.

The pvdisplay, lvdisplay, and vgdisplay all came up blank.  I was able to use pvcreate --restorefile and vgcfgrestore to get the volume back.  I then got the following message when trying to mount the volume:

mount: /dev/etherd/e1.1 already mounted or /gfs busy

I was able to gfs_fsck /dev/etherd/e1.1, but I continue to get this error.  Running strace on the mount command turns up this error:

mount("/dev/etherd/e1.1", "/gfs", "gfs", MS_MGC_VAL|MS_NOATIME|MS_NODIRATIME, "") = -1 EBUSY (Device or resource busy)

What could be happening here?

Thanks,
Tom