Re: [Linux-cluster] GFS: Mixing private and public IP's

On 12/16/06, isplist logicore net <isplist logicore net> wrote:
Here's something that's left me not knowing where to look next.

All of the servers in the GFS cluster were using private IP's.
Four of those servers were using both private and public IP's.

I had to change the four servers to public IP's only and now, none of those
machines want to join the cluster.

I've updated all of the hosts files of course and am not sure where to look
now. All of the nodes can see both sides of the network so that's not a
problem either.

Any ideas?

Mike

If you're using broadcast (default) then all the IPs need to be on the
same subnet otherwise the broadcast, obviously, won't work.