[Linux-cluster] Logging with cluster

Repeat Post: Anyone have ideas on how to deal with multiple machines thinking
they own the shared log?

---

It dawns on me that I'm not sure how to delete some logging that is being
shared in a cluster. For example, apache, the log is shared and all web
servers write to the same file. If I nuke the file after running a stats
program, the rest of the web servers don't know about it.

Should I be doing shared logging or is there a way to handle this?

Mike