[Linux-cluster] Logging with cluster

Roger Peña Escobio orkcu at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 29 19:31:28 UTC 2006

--- "isplist at logicore.net" <isplist at logicore.net>
wrote:

> Repeat Post: Anyone have ideas on how to deal with
> multiple machines thinking
> they own the shared log?
>
> ---
>
> It dawns on me that I'm not sure how to delete some
> logging that is being
> shared in a cluster. For example, apache, the log is
> shared and all web
> servers write to the same file. If I nuke the file
> after running a stats
> program, the rest of the web servers don't know
> about it.
>
> Should I be doing shared logging or is there a way
> to handle this?
My personal chose is to have each server with its logs
files, and them, offline after rotate them, merge them
into a big one file

to merge the log I used to use the 'mergerlog'
command:
About:
mergelog is a small and fast C program, which merges
HTTP log files by date in 'Common Log Format' (Apache
default log format) from Web servers, behind
round-robin DNS. It has been designed to easily
process huge logs from highly stressed servers, and
can manage gzipped files.

cu
roger