[Linux-cluster] verbose clurgmgrd output?

Greg Forte gforte at leopard.us.udel.edu
Wed Feb 1 18:36:13 UTC 2006

Cool, thanks.

Heh, here's an interesting quote:

"In addition to straightforward success, the following situations are
also to be considered successful: ... running stop on a service already
stopped or not running ..."

This is exactly what I was complaining/asking about a few days ago - the
"stock" httpd init script in RHEL4 returns non-zero if you try to stop
it when it's not running.  This in turn causes clusvcadm -d to fail if
you try to disable it when it's not running, so you have to manually
start it "non-clusterfied" before you can disable it in the cluster!  I
haven't done a survey, but I'm guessing other scripts behave similarly.

But the spec is self-contradictory, because further down it defines an
error status code for "program is not running" that it says it to be
used for any action other than 'status'!

So ... is this a bug in the script or a "bug" in the document?

-g