Re: [Linux-cluster] gfs: Unknown symbol blockdev_direct_IO_cluster_locking on RHEL4

On Thu, 2006-02-09 at 00:53 +0100, Jaime Peñalba wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Im getting this error when trying to load gfs module:
>
> [root apache2 ~]# modprobe gfs
> FATAL: Error inserting gfs
> (/lib/modules/2.6.9-5.ELsmp/kernel/fs/gfs/gfs.ko): Unknown symbol in
> module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)
> gfs: Unknown symbol blockdev_direct_IO_cluster_locking

This is a patch we added to fix a direct IO deadlock issue. We've tried
hard not to have dependency on base kernel but simply couldn't do it in
this case.

The change has to pair with Red Hat RHEL 4 U3 kernel (>=2.6.9-25) that
is currently in Beta testing.

If you can build your own base kernel, the base kernel patch is placed
in Red Hat bugzilla 173912 comment 4. If you can't read that bugzilla,
let me know.

> Can i safely change this?
>
> return blockdev_direct_IO_cluster_locking(rw, iocb, inode,
>                                   inode->i_sb->s_bdev, iov,
>                                   offset, nr_segs, gb, NULL);
>
> with "return 1" or something like? Im going to use always lock_dlm.

If you don't use Direct IO at all, this should be ok.

> Anyway there is any other workaround?

Let us know if above can't work out for you.

-- Wendy