[Linux-cluster] May I turn on direct I/O and/or async I/O when using GFS as the cluster file system for Oracle9i RAC?

Hi there,

I'm using Red Hat GFS 6.0 as the cluster file system for a 4-node Oracle RAC 9.2.0.7, each node is running RHAS 3 Update 6. There're probably a lot of benefits in using direct I/O and/or async I/O with Oracle9i RAC. RH GFS itself supports direct I/O regardless of the application running on top of it. I have asked a Oracle Support Service guy and he confirms that we can use direct I/O feature of RH GFS but he doest have information about async I/O. May I turn on direct I/O and/or async I/O (I mean recompile Oracle to support async I/O) when using GFS as the cluster file system for Oracle9i RAC? Do you have any experience with this? Please help.

TIA,

Thai Duong.