Re: [Linux-cluster] May I turn on direct I/O and/or async I/O when using GFS as the cluster file system for Oracle9i RAC?

Thai Duong wrote:

Hi Wendy,

Thx for the information. I'll turn on direct I/O on my system. Do you have any information about how many percent I should gain in term of I/O performance when turning direct I/O on in general and with Oracle RAC in particular?

Our performance group did pass the numbers around sometime ago - the gain seemed to be quite positive but I don't remember the details. On the other hand, do remember this is not a frequent execution code path so try to take the switching steps slowly (i.e. make sure you have backup plan, etc, particularly on GFS 6.0 system).

-- Wendy