Re: [Linux-cluster] FC4 repository and kernel modules

We do our best to keep our FC4 kernel packages in sync with the kernel packages, but it isn't always possible. The current *-kernel packages are in fedora updates-testing and should be moved to fedora-updates by tomorrow.

Thanks,
Chris

Birger Wathne wrote:
I tried installing a new FC4 cluster node yesterday.

install of the kernel modules (cman, dlm and GFS) fail because they depend on a kernel that doesn't seem to be there anymore.

Shouldn't either someone make sure the kernel modules get recompiled for the latest released kernel, or make sure the kernel these modules depend on doesn't get removed?

I solved the problem by fetching the kernel I needed from the yum cache on another cluster node.