[Linux-cluster] About writing on the FS

Hi , im searching information on how to the linux kernel writes into de FS (local HD) , i mean , if i run an application , and this application writes somthing on the HD , how it happend? , the steps , the syscalls imlpicated on the process.
Please , if anyone have the procces by the kernel writes on HD (locally or on a SAN) , please explain to me or givme the link and i read.

Thanks a lot , and excuse me if this is not the correct place to request this.

Antonio Javier Marasco
Service IT Solutions
www.serviceit.com.ar
Tel.: 5277-3555 Fax: 4322-3555