[Linux-cluster] Ordering of NFS exports

Birger Wathne Birger.Wathne at ift.uib.no
Thu Feb 23 10:18:23 UTC 2006

I have a problem with my cluster that pops up now and then.

Sometimes the ordering of my NFS exports changes. This quickly becomes a
problem, as some hosts need remote root access to file systems. When
there is an earlier export matching the client that doesn't allow root
access things start breaking here...

I would propose that the logic for exporting file systems should
preserve ordering of exports for each file system. Perhaps by redoing
all exports for a file system in correct order if any of the exports for
that file system need to be renewed?

--
birger