RE: [Linux-cluster] Network failure results cluster environmentunstable & fragile

On Mon, 2006-02-27 at 09:22 +0100, Pena, Francisco Javier wrote:
> Hi Deval,
>
> If you are using iLO fencing, you could try the latest fence package
> (1.32.10). I have seen a similar problem, and it is because recent iLO
> firmware versions behave a little different (they try to make a soft
> restart instead of a hard reboot).

Also, if you're using iLO fencing, make sure you boot with acpi=off
(see /etc/grub.conf) and have acpid stopped.  (e.g. chkconfig --level
2345 acpid off)

ACPI soft-poweroff (which iLO tries to do) is exactly what you do not
want in a cluster.

-- Lon