[Linux-cluster] Re: cluster/gfs-kernel/src/gfs ops_address.c ops_f ...

Fabio Massimo Di Nitto fabbione at fabbione.net
Mon Jan 2 09:59:53 UTC 2006

wcheng at sourceware.org wrote:
> CVSROOT:	/cvs/cluster
> Module name:	cluster
> Branch: 	RHEL4
> Changes by:	wcheng at sourceware.org	2005-12-14 20:38:41
>
> Modified files:
> 	gfs-kernel/src/gfs: ops_address.c ops_file.c
>
> Log message:
> 	This gfs change (bugzilla 173913) pairs with kernel (bugzilla 173912)
> 	2.6.9-25 that requires an updated version of linux/fs.h. We move the
> 	locking of i_sem and i_alloc_sem out of kernel directIO routine into
> 	gfs read/write path. This is to re-arrange lock order so we don't get
> 	into deadlock situation as described in the bugzilla.
>
> Patches:
> http://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/cluster/gfs-kernel/src/gfs/ops_address.c.diff?cvsroot=cluster&only_with_tag=RHEL4&r1=1.5.2.2&r2=1.5.2.3
> http://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/cluster/gfs-kernel/src/gfs/ops_file.c.diff?cvsroot=cluster&only_with_tag=RHEL4&r1=1.16.2.6&r2=1.16.2.7

Hi Wendy,

doesn't this patch require porting to the STABLE branch as well?

I can't find a direct_IO_cluster_locking on vanilla kernels so i assume this is
a specific redhat extension.

if i understand the problem right, shouldn't the stable branch get the patch
using blockdev_direct_IO_own_locking ?

TIA
Fabio