[Linux-cluster] GFS on Redhat Enterprise 3 ES

Rob Kenna rkenna at redhat.com
Fri Jan 13 13:47:16 UTC 2006

Angela wrote:
> Hi all,
> I have this configuration: two servers (both with Redhat Enterprise 3
> ES, kernel 2.4.21-4.EL) and they are attached to a DiskArray with a HBA.
> Can I use RedHat GFS to share the disk between the two servers? If so
> which version I have to use and where can I download it?

GFS 6.0 is available for Red Hat EL 3.  You will need to move up to a newer
kernel update though.  I would recommend Update 6 which is the 2.4.21-37 kernel.
  GFS allows for the full sharing of a file system across the SAN.  It's a
layered product offering on top of Red Hat Enterprise Linux.  Here's a link to
learn more:

http://www.redhat.com/en_us/USA/home/solutions/gfs/

- Rob