[Linux-cluster] ccs_tool upgrade <files>, fails to convert configs.

Paul Tader ptader at fnal.gov
Fri Jan 13 23:11:59 UTC 2006

I'm trying to a upgrade old CCS formated (GFS 6.0) archives to the new
(GFS 6.1) xml format using the ccs_tool command but seem to be getting
the syntax wrong.

# ccs_tool upgrade archive/*     (*.ccs files in dir)
Unable to find cluster.ccs in the archive.

Failed to upgrade CCS configuration information.

I've tried different variations of the command:

# ccs_tool upgrade . (while in the directory)
# ccs_tool upgrade cluster.ccs

...all with no luck.  The ccs_tool man page seems to suggest this is
possible:

"
SYNOPSIS
        ccs_tool [OPTION].. <command>

upgrade <location>
This command is used to upgrade an old CCS format archive to the new xml
  format. <location>  is  the location of the old archive, which can be
  either a block device archive or a file archive.  The converted
configuration will be printed to stdout.

Thank You,
Paul