[Linux-cluster] Network hiccup + power-fencing = both nodes godown(redhat cluster 4)

Jeff Harr jharr at opsource.net
Tue Jan 17 13:49:55 UTC 2006

Thanks Patrick.  I have upped my deadnode_timeouts to 120 each.

My worry though is the box somehow rebooting and joining faster than the
other can wait its 120 seconds and take over the cluster.  Is there
another timeout value that I can tweak to keep the original, crashed
node from rebooting and joining too quickly?  Unfortunately, when the
boxes crash they seem to come right back up and not stay dead.  I think
this might be ILO behavior, but not sure.  I know when I shutdown -hy
now, they stay down, and when the power-fencing takes place they stay
down too, but not for crashes.

Thanks again,
Jeff