[Linux-cluster] Network hiccup + power-fencing =both nodes godown(redhat cluster 4)

Jeff Harr jharr at opsource.net
Tue Jan 17 14:34:09 UTC 2006

Am I seeing actual problems: I was earlier :)  I had the network blip,
then both boxes fenced each-other after it recoverd.  By blip, I'm
guessing it was more than just a blip - more than 21 seconds.  I think
it was long enough that they both tried to fence the other, so that
process was running when the network came back online, and then they did
their thing.

I don't mind a 2nd round of cycling on the bad box, really.  I don't
like it, but I care more about the one that's up and running with my
database one it more than the one that failed.

Thank you sir for all your help.
Jeff