Re: [Linux-cluster] HP iLO fencing - how many iLO variants are there?

Hi Jure,

in my opinion the Lights Out 100i Remote Management" are IPMI interfaces. You
could give fence_ipmilan a try.

On Tuesday 17 January 2006 23:52, Jure Pečar wrote:
> Hi all,
> I have two DL145 G1 servers with "Lights Out 100i Remote Management". I
> thought this is iLO but am not so sure anymore.
> The thing is accessible via telnet or http and works as expected. So I was
> kinda suprised when fence_ilo failed with no route to host at
> blahblahblah/SSL.pm line 104. Sure, it wants to connect to port 443 ... So
> I took a look at fence_ilo code and saw nothing that would talk telnet to
> this 100i thing ...
> I also checked its firmware version. It says 2.00, latest is 2.01 with no
> important updates ...
> So it looks like I'd have to write my own fencing agent. Are there any
> guidelines on how to do it "properly" to have it included in the mainline
> distro? Also, any docs/mailing list post about what parameters fencing
> agent needs to implement?

Gruss / Regards,

Dipl.-Ing. Mark Hlawatschek
Phone: +49-89 121 409-55

ATIX - Ges. fuer Informationstechnologie und Consulting mbH
Einsteinstr. 10 - 85716 Unterschleissheim - Germany