Re: [Linux-cluster] /usr on gfs

On Mon, 23 Jan 2006 21:25:30 +0100
Jure Pečar <pegasus nerv eu org> wrote:

> I'm not sure now what would be the right way to proceede with the fix ...
> replacing fuser there with something a bit smarter or figuring out what
> business does rc have with /usr?

Two reboots more, I have the answer to the second question: bash, which is
executing /etc/rc.d/rc, has two mmaped files
in /usr: /usr/lib/locale/locale-archive
and /usr/lib64/gconv/gconv-modules.cache (this being an opteron box).

I guess the right fix would be to convince bash not to use these files, but
since I've no idea how to do that, I'll hack up something to replace that
fuser -k.

--

Jure Pečar
http://jure.pecar.org/