Re: [Linux-cluster] GFS: GULM vs. DLM

Wendy Cheng wrote:
Anthony Assi wrote:

Hi,

I would like to know which locking method you guys think is more preferable to implement on a 36 nodes Cluster (V20Z); The Distributed Lock Manager (dlm) or the Grand Unified Locking Manager (gulm) ?

DLM without doubts (since gulm is mostly in maintenance mode)

I recently talked with someone at RedHat (can't recall his name unfortunately) through a salesperson, and he claimed anything over about 20 nodes should use GULM instead. Is that not true? How about the max of 256 nodes?

Eric