[Linux-cluster] clvm and local lvm volumes needed at boot

Ramon van Alteren ramon at vanalteren.nl
Mon Jul 3 11:39:49 UTC 2006

Hi,

I'm currently testing and building a gfs-cluster using coRAID devices.
I'm getting good progress so far but I've run into a problem that I
can't find much docs on.

We're using a standard setup which includes an number of logical volumes
for our local filesystems.

I need those volumes to mount at boot (/usr and /var are part of them)
However that doesn't succeed ATM because vgscan bails out in my
startupscripts.

I've modified my lvm.conf to set the locking_type to 2 and load the
cluster-aware locking library.
vgscan gives an error on boot that it can't connect to local socket,
presumable because it's trying to connect to the rest of the cluster.
cman and consorts aren't up yet in that stage of the boot-process
because networking isn't up yet.

Is it possible to allow for a different locking library per volume group ?
That way I could detect the local volumes at boot and mount them and add
another bootscript to detect the cluster volumes later in the boot process.

Any other solutions, possibilities to solve this ?

I can't find much documentation on clvm and clustering options so I
thought I'd ask here.
I hope this is the right place to ask, if not I would appreciate any
pointers on where to look.

Regards,

Ramon van Alteren

--
To be stupid and selfish and to have good health are the three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, the others are useless.

Gustave Flaubert