Re: [Linux-cluster] AoE does not discover

Tracy R Reed wrote:

Hello all!

Anyone here use AoE? I cannot seem to find an AoE specific mailing list. Not sure I want to bother the Coraid folks since I am not using Coraid equipment. Is there a better place for this query? I am so close to getting my cluster mounted with root (and then Xen domains) on AoE but my initrd is having problems getting AoE set up. I am using kernel vmlinuz-2.6.16.13-xen.

AoE is compiled in statically.

Switch it to module based and update the module with the source from coraid.com. Apart from the performance improvement I'm also under the impression that the discovery process is working slightly better.

But when I do echo 1 > /dev/aoe/discover nothing happens.

That's weird, it should do a broadcast.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Hope this helps, we're using coraids SR1520, a co-worker tested with vblades in a vmware test-setup but found it to be slightly error-prone. You might want to check out Ian Blenkes site: http://ian.blenke.com/projects/xen/cluster
if you haven't done so already.

Grtz Ramon

Gustave Flaubert