[Linux-cluster] not fencing a voting node dangerous?

To prevent the "two nodes fencing each other" scenario of a 2-node GFS 6.1 cluster, I have set up a 3rd node as a voting node:
- All the packages from RHCS 4
- lvm2-cluster RPM (if clvmd is not running on the 3rd node, lvm commands fail)
- no fencing device for this node.
- no access to the shared storage

My question is about fencing of the voting node: Since it will not be accessing the shared storage, can I have it running without a fencing device? The voting node is running a number of other services (not highly available) and having it fenced now and again would be really inconvenient.

Under what circumstances would not having this node fenceable be dangerous?

Riaan
begin:vcard
fn:Riaan van Niekerk
n:van Niekerk;Riaan
org:Obsidian Systems;Obsidian Red Hat Consulting
email;internet:riaan obsidian co za
title:Systems Architect
tel;work:+27 11 792 6500
tel;fax:+27 11 792 6522