[Linux-cluster] Re: About CS global shutdown

Lon Hohberger lhh at redhat.com
Mon Jul 24 20:48:45 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-07-21 at 08:53 +0200, Alain Moulle wrote:
> Alain Moulle wrote:
>

> >> pdsh "clushutdown" launched on all nodes
> >> pdsh "cman_tool leave remove" launched on all nodes
> >> pdsh "shutdown" or "halt" launched on all nodes
>
> >> Regards,
>
> >> Bob Peterson
> >> Red Hat Cluster Suite
>
> Hi Bob
> Thanks for you clarification . Nethertheless, several questions :
>
> 1/It seems that clushutdown is not packaged in the CS4 update 2 rpms whereas
> the man is in package ...  is it missing for a special reason ?

I don't think we shipped 'clushutdown' on RHCS4, actually.  It might be
something we could do in the future.

Anyway, in U4, the service lock will be global, so you only have to run
'clusvcadm -l' on one node.

Running 'clusvcadm -l' will prevent all 'start' failover service
transitions.  Basically, after running it, the cluster will only 'stop'
services.  You only need to do this if you're trying to shut down the
whole cluster for some reason.  Normally, stopping rgmanager will cause
services to migrate to other nodes; locking rgmanager prevents this.

After locking rgmanager, you can just run 'service rgmanager stop' on
each node to cleanly shut down all running failover services.

-- Lon