[Linux-cluster] Oracle RAC and Cluster Suite, can they coexist on the same machine?

Riaan van Niekerk riaan at obsidian.co.za
Thu Jun 1 20:38:32 UTC 2006

On Thu, 1 Jun 2006, Riaan van Niekerk wrote:

> Hello there,
>
> I would like to know if there is any problem when using the Oracle Real
> Application Clusters to mange the Oracle database and Red Hat Cluster
> Suite to manage an application on the same machine?
>
> Remember that the application will not be entirely managed by the RHCS, it
> will be ative on all nodes and the RHCS will only be used to manage
> virtual IP reallocation and mounting points.
>
> Is there any problems reported so far with this configuration?
>
> Does Oracle RAC and RHCS can coexist without problems?
>
> Any comments on this type of configuration?

I have not run a setup like this, but I do not see this as being a
problem. You do not give version numbers for any of the RHCS or RAC, nor
if GFS is involved, but if you are running GFS 6.1/RHEL 4, you are already
running RHCS. Either way, as long as you do not do anything to make
scripts, mountpoints or virtual IPs/ports clash between RHCS and RAC, you
should be fine, IMHO.

Riaan